Friday 9 March 2012

FATHER'S DAY

Next Monday, March 19th we celebrate Father's Day. It is a day devoted to our dad when we can honour fatherhood and it is celebrated all over the world!!
Now, answer one of these two questions:
1.- If you celebrate it, what do you do on that date?
2.- Did you know that many countries, including the English-speaking ones celebrate it the third Sunday of June? Can you guess why?
Thanks in advance.
CHRISTINA
In the United States, we celebrate Father's Day on the third Sunday in June. My entire family gets together at my house, and we have a lunch to honor the fathers and grandfathers in our family. It is a day filled with presents (only for the Dad's of course!) and family, and a lot of fun. Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May, and is celebrated in a similar fashion. We all have lunch and give gifts to our mothers and grandmothers to show our appreciation for all their hard work.

12 comments:

  1. Father´s Day is very special, for me because I buy a present for my father every year. I like this time, I hope that it never ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the father´s day, my family and me ate togheter and we gave a present to my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the father's day I buy a present to my father and we have lunch with my grandparents, uncles. cousins...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I celebrate the day with my mum, my brother and my dad of course at home. We give a present to him. I don't konw this year's present because I don't buy it. Happy day for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family and I celebrate Father's day as the rest of the families. We give presents to my father and to my grandfather and then we go to a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Pakistan we din´t celebrate father´s day. My grandfathers didn´t belive on this day, so my father also didn´t celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mónica Velasco 2ºB Bilingüe21 March 2012 at 14:08

    In father´s day, I went to my grandparent´s house. My parents gave presents to their fathers, and my sister and I gave a present fou our dad. Then we had lunch.This is my father´s day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In father´s day I always go with my family.We go picnic with my father and we give the presents and my father is very happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. In father´s day,our family and I buy a present to my father. Then, we go to my grandparents´house to eat there

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merce Ramos 2ºB Bilingüe21 March 2012 at 14:12

    All father´s day we eat in my house with my family. Everyone gives a present to my father. This year I gave to my father a very beatiful T-shirt. He liked it!
    This is a very funny day to my father!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In father´s day,I usually give a present to my father.But it is a normal day,as every day.!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In father's day, all of my family ate together. My brother and I always give a present for my dad.
    At the end of the meal we eat a cake.

    ReplyDelete